If you’re struggling to afford your prescription medications regardless of your insurance status, heading to the pharmacy can fill you with fear and anxiety. Receiving a new prescription from your doctor can be stressful because healthcare providers rarely are informed about the cost of different medications, making your trip to the pharmacy a guessing game.
USArx is a free pharmacy discount program that provides cardholders with discounts on the prescription medications they need without the hassle and cost associated with insurance. If saving money on your prescriptions is important to you, USArx can help. Before you get started, here’s fifteen things you should know about USArx.
- USArx makes medication more affordable: With over 80 million uninsured Americans and millions of people who are underinsured, USArx makes medications more affordable by offering discounts on FDA-approved brand name and generic medications.
- USArx lowers prices by negotiating with prescription manufacturers: USArx negotiates with the drug companies to get you the best rates, so you don’t have to shop around at different pharmacies or cross your fingers and hope that your insurance covers your medication.
- USArx offers discounts of up to 75 percent on prescription medications: USArx offers discounts ranging from 10 to 75 percent on all FDA-approved brand name and generic medications.
- You won’t have to look far to find a participating pharmacy: USArx works in approximately 60,000 pharmacies across the U.S.! There’s sure to be one located near you.
- USArx is not insurance: USArx is a discount program that offers cardholders discounts on their prescriptions, but cardholders are responsible for paying the discounted rate. There are no deductibles or co-pays associated with USArx, and you won’t have to pay a premium.
- Everyone qualifies for a USArx card: Whether you’re insured or uninsured, a U.S. citizen or other status, and no matter where in the country you live, you qualify for a USArx card! There are no age restrictions or restrictions based on pre-existing conditions.
- You only need one card: No need to get different cards for each member of the family – everyone in your family can use one card.
- USArx cannot be combined with insurance: While you can’t use your card to receive additional discounts on top of the discount provided by your insurance provider, USArx cardholders often find that the price they pay with USArx is lower than their insurance co-pay. Make sure you ask your pharmacist to check both prices!
- We don’t need to know your medical history: USArx does not receive any information on your medical history. Everything remains private between you and your doctor, and only you and your pharmacist will have access to your medication history.
- Your card never expires: There’s no need to renew or print a new card each year, and you don’t have to worry about “maxing out” your discount card. Your USArx discount card never expires and can be used as often as you’d like!
- USArx can be used in any state: No matter which of the 50 states you visit, you’re sure to find a participating pharmacy. There’s over 60,000 of them, after all!
- Unlike your insurance, all FDA-approved brand and generic prescriptions are discounted: As long as it’s FDA-approved, your prescription will be discounted by USArx. Can you say the same for your insurance company? We bet not – many insurance plans exclude certain drugs from coverage or fail to cover prescriptions once the plan’s maximum limits have been exceeded.
- Your doctor doesn’t need to know about your card: Participating in the USArx program won’t affect your medical care or treatment decisions by your doctor, so there’s no need to tell your doctor about your participation unless you choose to.
- You won’t have to shop around: Due to industry standards that determine the discounted rate for prescription medications, you can shop at any participating pharmacy and receive the same low price.
Getting started is easy: To get your USArx card, just head to www.usarx.com and sign up for the program. Print off your card and hand it to your pharmacy the next time you go to get your medication. That’s it! No paperwork, no deductibles.