Gmail is one of the most popular email service in the world and it is offered by Google. Creating a Gmail account is very easy but you need to first create a Google account. It is with this Google account that will enable you access the entire Google Suite. In this article, we will show you how to create a Gmail account, access the mail settings, add contacts, and may other functions. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Steps to Create a Gmail Account
As stated earlier, you need to create a Google account first before you can create a Gmail account. Most people get accounts from places like Accs Market. During the account creation process, you’ll be required to provide basic information like name, gender, age, and location. Highlighted below are the steps required to create a Gmail account.
- Visit gmail.com
- Select the ‘Create Account’ on the down left corner
- The Google Account sign-up form will come into view. Provide all the necessary information needed. Here, you will be required to choose a username for your Gmail account as well as your basic information.
- Google makes use of a 2-factor authentication process for security purposes so you will be required to enter your phone number.
- You will get a text message containing your verification code. To complete this verification process, enter the code provided
- A form prompting you to enter personal information such as birthday, recovery email, and others will appear
- After reviewing the Google Privacy and Terms, click I agree
- Your Gmail account is ready to use
Signing in and Out of Your Gmail Account
Once you create your Gmail account from places like https://accsmarket.com/en/catalog/gmail/s-otlezhkoj-25, you are signed in automatically. However if you need to sign in and out of your Gmail account for the first time, the steps are outlined below.
Steps to Sign in
- Visit www.gmail.com
- Type in your email address and password
- Click Next
Steps to Sign Out
- Locate the circle with your initial at the top right corner
- Click on the circle
- Select Sign out
Accessing the Mail Setting
Gmail allows its users to make adjustments to the appearance of their account. This means you can create a signature for your mail, edit your themes, and perform other functions. Let’s take a look at how you can make these adjustments.
- Locate the gear icon at the top right corner of the page
- Select settings from the drop down menu
- From here, you can make any adjustments you want
Adding Contacts to Your Gmail Account
One of the many features of a Gmail account is that it allows you keep a contact address book. You can add and remove contacts from this contact book. Highlighted below are the steps to take when adding contacts.
- Go to the Google apps button and click on it
- Select contacts from the menu
- Once your contact screen appears, you can add new contacts by clicking on the ‘add new contact’ button on the bottom right corner
- After entering the contact, click on save
There are several other functions you can carry out on your Gmail account such as contact editing, mail importation, and many others. Also, having a Gmail account gives you access to Google G suite.